snathan
06-24 10:01 AM
The NY consulate received my passport on Jun 6 2008 and I got my passport back on Jun 21 2008 through US Express mail. I tried to call in between but none of my phone calls or email were answered. I looked up one of the consul generals online and directly called him and got my passport info with tracking number. He was very nice, polite and helpful. I recommend you using express mail because its got a tracking number and you know when and where your passport is. Good luck!
What is the number you have called up. I need to renew my passport in NY next month. I am planning to go to the consulate directly.
Also let me know which form to fill and fee
What is the number you have called up. I need to renew my passport in NY next month. I am planning to go to the consulate directly.
Also let me know which form to fill and fee
wallpaper Her shoulder length bob was
Cheran
02-02 11:09 AM
My cousin got a RFE on his case (EB2 PD 2007) once he moved.
whoever
02-09 01:19 PM
It is good for those who applied for I-485 already and bad for those who did not do it yet. ie, they will make money not from interim benefits like renewing ead etc. what that means is that -- they dont expect many requests to renew ead etc -- could be because they will process faster after i-485 stage. processing i-485 stage faster means pd movement is very precisse like 9000 strictly for each country. i guess now or earlier they may be increasing the pd date to accomodate maybe 20000 from each country each year, now it will be just progressed to accomodate only 9000 ppl from each country each year.
..So interim benefits would not be revenue generating activity for USCIS..
IS that good or bad for us ??? [/QUOTE]
..So interim benefits would not be revenue generating activity for USCIS..
IS that good or bad for us ??? [/QUOTE]
2011 Jessica Simpson Bob Haircuts
joydiptac
07-12 10:14 PM
Hi,
I just got my EAD renewed only for one year (applied a month ago) after applying through paper based application. Anybody in the same situation?, anybody know why they are issuing only for one year?.
I read somewhere in this forum, somebody opened that USICS is issuing only one year EAD's, is this true?
Thanks,
Brawn.
This could also mean that USCIS is expecting that you will get your GC in 1 year. Can happen you know. In Jan there is some admin/legal fix that makes everyone current.
EB backlogs does not benefit anyone.
I just got my EAD renewed only for one year (applied a month ago) after applying through paper based application. Anybody in the same situation?, anybody know why they are issuing only for one year?.
I read somewhere in this forum, somebody opened that USICS is issuing only one year EAD's, is this true?
Thanks,
Brawn.
This could also mean that USCIS is expecting that you will get your GC in 1 year. Can happen you know. In Jan there is some admin/legal fix that makes everyone current.
EB backlogs does not benefit anyone.
more...

zammy
04-05 10:56 AM
Hi Saturnring11,
Thanks for your response! This really helps. I have a few follow-up questions:
1) If I switch to F-1, it is easy to switch back to H-1 right? I will have a year left on my H-1B.
2) This is definitely the best option. I hope my employer lets me take a 2 year leave of absence. I've heard of people taking a year but 2 years might be a challenge.
I can go to a full-time program on my H-1B but it expires on Oct 2012. I will join in Fall 2011 and graduate in 2013. What visa will I be on from 2012 to 2013? How long does it typically take to get an EAD?
So I just wanted to clarify - if I do not have an EAD, I can do an internship in a different division within the company but not the one I worked for?
3) OK, so it looks like the only way to make this work is to request a 2 year leave of absence.
4) Do you mean a new green card application? If my green card process has already started, why will I have to file a new H-1?
5) OK.
Thanks for your response! This really helps. I have a few follow-up questions:
1) If I switch to F-1, it is easy to switch back to H-1 right? I will have a year left on my H-1B.
2) This is definitely the best option. I hope my employer lets me take a 2 year leave of absence. I've heard of people taking a year but 2 years might be a challenge.
I can go to a full-time program on my H-1B but it expires on Oct 2012. I will join in Fall 2011 and graduate in 2013. What visa will I be on from 2012 to 2013? How long does it typically take to get an EAD?
So I just wanted to clarify - if I do not have an EAD, I can do an internship in a different division within the company but not the one I worked for?
3) OK, so it looks like the only way to make this work is to request a 2 year leave of absence.
4) Do you mean a new green card application? If my green card process has already started, why will I have to file a new H-1?
5) OK.
cityfisher
07-26 07:27 PM
Now we have consulted several lawyers, all say the job description is inappropriate, there is possibility that the I-140 could be denied. They all suggest us to file a new EB3.
However, when we call our current lawyer, she became angry because we are WASTING her time. She insisted that our case was fine and would not even look at our case again. My wife asked her manager, but the company is reluctant to allow us hire a new lawyer to start a new EB3 application, I guess it is because the new lawyer would need the financial information and tax history of the company.
What can we do?
However, when we call our current lawyer, she became angry because we are WASTING her time. She insisted that our case was fine and would not even look at our case again. My wife asked her manager, but the company is reluctant to allow us hire a new lawyer to start a new EB3 application, I guess it is because the new lawyer would need the financial information and tax history of the company.
What can we do?
more...

vik123
09-06 10:50 AM
i got mine on aug 6th in New Delhi.
I was having same status like urs, revalidated here in 2003, got experied in 2004Nov. so it was over 2 years,but kept my 797 valid.
even i got the same question, said "NO" but still was able to get dates at that time in 3weeks window.
They are pushing visa seekers in the regular line if their visa was expired more than 2 years ( New delhi).
Hi,
Is there any problem in getting the H1B stamped while ur I485 application is pending, also do we need to mention in the visa application form that our AOS is pending or so..
appreciate the reply.
thanks
I was having same status like urs, revalidated here in 2003, got experied in 2004Nov. so it was over 2 years,but kept my 797 valid.
even i got the same question, said "NO" but still was able to get dates at that time in 3weeks window.
They are pushing visa seekers in the regular line if their visa was expired more than 2 years ( New delhi).
Hi,
Is there any problem in getting the H1B stamped while ur I485 application is pending, also do we need to mention in the visa application form that our AOS is pending or so..
appreciate the reply.
thanks
2010 2011 Medium length hairstyles
sidbee
03-02 10:36 AM
One of my friend , told me , that something like this happened, with one of his friends.
I did not believe him, I think now i do.
I did not believe him, I think now i do.
more...
sankap
08-03 10:49 PM
. Then when your FP, IBIS and NC clears in a week,
What is IBIS?
What is IBIS?
hair medium hairstyles
fall2004us
10-02 07:17 PM
Just voted, emailed, called and left a message...
lets hope for the best
lets hope for the best
more...
john2255
08-24 09:28 AM
I am extremely sorry for your situation. I believe other replies are valid for AOS cases. Your situation greatly depends on what exactly you have filled in your DS- 230 (packet 3 and 4). If you haven't included your spouse name and details in DS- 230 then you have given false information to the authorities, which creates lots of trouble. If you got married after submitting DS- 230 then you can contact consulate with appropriate documents and with reasons why spouse's details was not included during consular interview. What ever may be the case, if your husband is eligible to get the visa, he will get the visa only when your priority date become current. You know your situation better and if needed you must consult a very very very experienced and supportive immigration attorney at the earliest. All the best for you.
hot medium length hair styles
Ronald Mac
01-08 07:59 PM
Ahh Ronnie, but here is!
7% is true for China's 1.3 billion people (20% of humanity) as well as Antigua's 69K!
The same is true for a vote in the UN!
The country ceilings seem to appear only with China and India (occasionally with Mexico and the Phillipines).
Hmmmm, but I guess it also greatly depends on how many of those people are qualified and inclined to apply, right? Both India and China are undergoing massive development so I guess they get the bad end of the stick both ways - a huge population with a growing percentage of skilled and professional workers, many of whom seeking better work opportunities abroad.
Im not sure about the UK. I cant imagine that we reach our quota every year. I mean, working here doesnt seem to be much better or worse than working in the US, and our population while relatively large is ofcourse limited geographically. I get the impression that people from the UK generally try to move to the US for a better lifestyle, not necessarily for improved work opportunities (though I may be VERY wrong).
Does that mean that someone from the UK would have an advantage in getting a good priority date against someone from India or China? If so, what are we talking here? Weeks, months, years?
If this is the case, then I can very much see why so many are opposed to these quotas.
RM
7% is true for China's 1.3 billion people (20% of humanity) as well as Antigua's 69K!
The same is true for a vote in the UN!
The country ceilings seem to appear only with China and India (occasionally with Mexico and the Phillipines).
Hmmmm, but I guess it also greatly depends on how many of those people are qualified and inclined to apply, right? Both India and China are undergoing massive development so I guess they get the bad end of the stick both ways - a huge population with a growing percentage of skilled and professional workers, many of whom seeking better work opportunities abroad.
Im not sure about the UK. I cant imagine that we reach our quota every year. I mean, working here doesnt seem to be much better or worse than working in the US, and our population while relatively large is ofcourse limited geographically. I get the impression that people from the UK generally try to move to the US for a better lifestyle, not necessarily for improved work opportunities (though I may be VERY wrong).
Does that mean that someone from the UK would have an advantage in getting a good priority date against someone from India or China? If so, what are we talking here? Weeks, months, years?
If this is the case, then I can very much see why so many are opposed to these quotas.
RM
more...
house hairstyles for medium length
newxyz100
07-18 05:03 PM
If I have a 3 yr extension after my 7th year, and I use my EAD now, if it gets rejected can I use my H1?????????
Yes you can but can't keep on renewing it with the any of the labor/140 approvals you have. You have to start new process if something happens for 485.
Yes you can but can't keep on renewing it with the any of the labor/140 approvals you have. You have to start new process if something happens for 485.
tattoo A shoulder-grazing bob looks

BumbleBee
08-20 06:23 PM
I believe both the retrogression and backlog of labor is result of "245(i) illegals". I don't understand why if they can create EB1/EB2/EB3 to separate different jobs, why can't they create EB4 for other workers and leave EB3 for high skilled workers.
BumbleBee
BumbleBee
more...
pictures celebrity medium length hair

ronhira
12-21 02:47 PM
@ dream act..... there was no country limit on 6 million illegals who were to get benefit from dream act.....
@ cir.... in 2006, 2007, 2010 cir bills, there was no country limit on 12 million illegals who could get benefit from cir.....
but
@ eb backlog of 0.5 million LEGAL immigrants..... lets make sure those country limits r in place..... otherwise how else r we going to promote diversity on this planet?
rules, restrictions, limits, ceilings etc all apply on LEGAL high skilled immigrants....... none of these limits apply on illegals, either before immigration bill is passed....... or in any immigration bill that come up for consideration....... this is BULL SHIT
@ cir.... in 2006, 2007, 2010 cir bills, there was no country limit on 12 million illegals who could get benefit from cir.....
but
@ eb backlog of 0.5 million LEGAL immigrants..... lets make sure those country limits r in place..... otherwise how else r we going to promote diversity on this planet?
rules, restrictions, limits, ceilings etc all apply on LEGAL high skilled immigrants....... none of these limits apply on illegals, either before immigration bill is passed....... or in any immigration bill that come up for consideration....... this is BULL SHIT
dresses sexy sleek shoulder length
amsgc
12-23 02:36 PM
I see the point you were making:
The OP has not filed for I-485 yet, so what is the grounds for approving a new 3 year H-1B petition with a different employer?
Question for those who got an extension approved based on the approved I-140
- Did you have a I-485 pending at the time of filing for a new H-1B?
- If not, then what did you write in the cover letter ;) ?
Is AC21 applicable here when no I-485 is filed?
The OP has not filed for I-485 yet, so what is the grounds for approving a new 3 year H-1B petition with a different employer?
Question for those who got an extension approved based on the approved I-140
- Did you have a I-485 pending at the time of filing for a new H-1B?
- If not, then what did you write in the cover letter ;) ?
Is AC21 applicable here when no I-485 is filed?
more...
makeup Center Parted Medium Length

Hermione
10-04 02:57 PM
No, you are not misinterpreting, it is actually so, but only in the case of an AC21 port. It is actually quite common in laws and regulations to apply a condition of 'approvable when filed' for cases when something fundamentally changes in the petition later down the road. All it says that if USCIS has not cought the ability to pay issue within 180 days, and circumstances made the issue irrelevant, they cannot deny you because of it. It is generally done to give equal footing to those whos petitions are approved within days (mine was) and those who are stuck for a awhile - both get to have credit for filing a good, approvable petition.
All that said, it does not mean that if you file AC21, USCIS will not deny your petition based on ability to pay. It means that you would have excellent chances in court, should you be denied.
Thanks for everyone who contributed...
Hermione...what you pointed out is very interesting. In fact, after reading it multiple times, I still still confused :confused: This is in reference to Dec 05 Yates Memo question 1. As you pointed, one of the sentence in the answer is "If the petition is approvable but for an ability to pay issue or any other issue relating to a time after the filing of the petition, approve the petition on its merits".
Now bare with me for a moment...When filing I-140, one of the condition USCIS check is that the petitioner can pay the applicant. However, according to the memo, if 180 days have passed AND the I-140 is still pending AND "suddenly" the petitioner CANNOT pay the applicant APPROVE the I-140!!! Am I misinterpreting something? Thanks again.
Fittan
All that said, it does not mean that if you file AC21, USCIS will not deny your petition based on ability to pay. It means that you would have excellent chances in court, should you be denied.
Thanks for everyone who contributed...
Hermione...what you pointed out is very interesting. In fact, after reading it multiple times, I still still confused :confused: This is in reference to Dec 05 Yates Memo question 1. As you pointed, one of the sentence in the answer is "If the petition is approvable but for an ability to pay issue or any other issue relating to a time after the filing of the petition, approve the petition on its merits".
Now bare with me for a moment...When filing I-140, one of the condition USCIS check is that the petitioner can pay the applicant. However, according to the memo, if 180 days have passed AND the I-140 is still pending AND "suddenly" the petitioner CANNOT pay the applicant APPROVE the I-140!!! Am I misinterpreting something? Thanks again.
Fittan
girlfriend celebrity hairstyles medium
deba
09-08 08:02 PM
If you dig thru the lawyer Q&A sessions sponsored by IV, this question was asked to Lawyer Reddy. According to her, staying out for a long period may or maynot be an issue. While you are outside and your file is hit with some update etc. by an IO, questions could be raised as to why you are out for more than 6 months and not working for your sponsoring employer/physically absent from the US during AOS for a long time. Whether that would create problems or not, no one is sure. As for joining your original employer, I am quite sure that would not be a problem. Check with a lawyer before taking any decisions.
hairstyles medium length celeb hairstyles
makemygc
07-05 06:52 PM
the files yet. So maybe they are instructed by their lawyers not to in case the judge rules against them.
Any thoughts?
Height of optimism
Any thoughts?
Height of optimism
indianindian2006
09-30 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=pro;999080]My MTR file reached USCIS on 09/11 and got approved on 09/22.
My lawyer sent me approval notices of me and my wife on 09/29.
No change in online status for both I 290 b and 485 .
what next? as iam current now SR would be helpful?
Gurus please advice.
What are the approval notices for, I mean are they for your I485.
My lawyer sent me approval notices of me and my wife on 09/29.
No change in online status for both I 290 b and 485 .
what next? as iam current now SR would be helpful?
Gurus please advice.
What are the approval notices for, I mean are they for your I485.
ksrao06
03-12 01:26 AM
Any Comments about this statement in EVL:
"Company XXX (like most employers) is an at-will employer and therefore does not guarantee to continue any employee's employment(my name) for any definite period of time. At this point, Company anticipates that <name> will continue to be employed as <Designation> on full-time basis."
any suggestions/comments please ....
"Company XXX (like most employers) is an at-will employer and therefore does not guarantee to continue any employee's employment(my name) for any definite period of time. At this point, Company anticipates that <name> will continue to be employed as <Designation> on full-time basis."
any suggestions/comments please ....
No comments:
Post a Comment