bugsbunny
02-24 05:49 PM
IV reaching out to new members is taboo?
Why are you reaching out to lawmakers....because you want them to make favorable laws benefiting immigrants....will they do it without your reaching out...maybe...but most likely not
so reaching out makes a difference isn't it
You want more members to contribute and help out...but you want to do it without reaching out to them. Think about it...ya it might happen...but won't you get better results and more resources if you reach out.
I didn't blame anyone for anything...nor did i question anyone's efforts or intentions...i was simply seeking basic information about the organization and how it is run....i am guessing here ...but i think this is the first question on people's minds when they decide to contribute or not...a good PR campaign to promote IV among existing 1000's of members on this site won't be a bad thing
I am well versed in technology and i have offered my help in this area
Why are you reaching out to lawmakers....because you want them to make favorable laws benefiting immigrants....will they do it without your reaching out...maybe...but most likely not
so reaching out makes a difference isn't it
You want more members to contribute and help out...but you want to do it without reaching out to them. Think about it...ya it might happen...but won't you get better results and more resources if you reach out.
I didn't blame anyone for anything...nor did i question anyone's efforts or intentions...i was simply seeking basic information about the organization and how it is run....i am guessing here ...but i think this is the first question on people's minds when they decide to contribute or not...a good PR campaign to promote IV among existing 1000's of members on this site won't be a bad thing
I am well versed in technology and i have offered my help in this area
wallpaper kristen rodeheaver. Cute!
mbartosik
02-08 09:31 PM
I have not read the house bill, but hope to this weekend.
However, everything in the senate bill about temporary licenses was bad. So I suspect temporary means TEMPORARY written on it so banks may not accept for mortgages etc. Also only valid for 1 year. However, since the Real ID requirements were removed it is likely to be less bad than senate bill. My plan is to catch it in conference which is where the real battle is.
We still have some work to do, mostly with the house.
How much work I can do in the next several days I don't know.
I live in NY and have other IV things to do too.
I'm still hoping that some in IV in MI will stand with us for some litigation. Replies are needed this weekend. So far I have just one.
However, everything in the senate bill about temporary licenses was bad. So I suspect temporary means TEMPORARY written on it so banks may not accept for mortgages etc. Also only valid for 1 year. However, since the Real ID requirements were removed it is likely to be less bad than senate bill. My plan is to catch it in conference which is where the real battle is.
We still have some work to do, mostly with the house.
How much work I can do in the next several days I don't know.
I live in NY and have other IV things to do too.
I'm still hoping that some in IV in MI will stand with us for some litigation. Replies are needed this weekend. So far I have just one.
ronitm
06-26 11:41 AM
Completed medicals recently in tri-state area and charged 515 for self and spouse. Have to followup with CIGNA on claiming expenses. Any ideas or experience dealing with insurance companies on this pls suggest. They are very notorious and try to deny it i have heard. Any best practices from ppl who have already claimed their expenses and been reimbursed?
2011 1/Kristen Rodeheaver- She#39;s a
justAnotherFile
03-20 08:09 PM
Section 406 exempts from the numerical cap on employment-based visas aliens with advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, or math, and has worked in a related field in the U.S. during the 3 year period preceding their application for adjustment of status
more...
senthil1
09-25 08:41 PM
Your analysis is correct. There is abuse in H1b program of course not majority. But if H1B is increased with many exemptions then abuse will increase. If Durbin bill is not suitable for preventing abuse then alternative should be suggested. Everyone are opposing Durbin bill but no one is suggesting alternative. If Bill gates or Corporations suggest unlimited H1b and Gc at the same time if he suggest suitable idea for preventing H1b abuse and American job displacement then Senate will pass with almost all Senators voting for it. Bill Gates or Corporations cannot do that as they do not know about the abuse or they do not want to know.
This almost seems like a tit for tat. Sen. Durbin introduced his and Grassleys ammendments as soon as Sen Cornyn did his.
We all have to admit that there has been abuse in the H1b program. That said there is some room for improvement in their (Durbin/Grassley) ammendment and that is where we should focus. If we do so then we can live with the rest of it. Some of the parts of it are actually not that bad and actually a few help us by putting a more firm responsibility on the employer.
They are really out to get the outsourcers here. In all honesty, it is in the US interest that they do so, it is just that they might kill the consulting industry while they are at it. We need to suggest an alternative.
The other thing is that, if there is less outsourcing and consulting then there will be more full time jobs as well, since the manpower is nevertheless required.
Of course the real carrot for us all is that if Sen. Cornyns provisions stand, then green card delays will be mostly administrative/bureaucratic and not visa number shortage. Nearly everyone will benefit from it.
This might be a trade off we need to support. This will be no small victory.
This almost seems like a tit for tat. Sen. Durbin introduced his and Grassleys ammendments as soon as Sen Cornyn did his.
We all have to admit that there has been abuse in the H1b program. That said there is some room for improvement in their (Durbin/Grassley) ammendment and that is where we should focus. If we do so then we can live with the rest of it. Some of the parts of it are actually not that bad and actually a few help us by putting a more firm responsibility on the employer.
They are really out to get the outsourcers here. In all honesty, it is in the US interest that they do so, it is just that they might kill the consulting industry while they are at it. We need to suggest an alternative.
The other thing is that, if there is less outsourcing and consulting then there will be more full time jobs as well, since the manpower is nevertheless required.
Of course the real carrot for us all is that if Sen. Cornyns provisions stand, then green card delays will be mostly administrative/bureaucratic and not visa number shortage. Nearly everyone will benefit from it.
This might be a trade off we need to support. This will be no small victory.
arihant
06-28 10:04 AM
I think many of us have this decision to make - is it worth waiting years on an elusive GC or is it time to head back home ( if u are from a place like India where there is a job boom going on presently, it may make a lot of sense).
How do we know that our current frustrations will be justified down the road? What makes us so sure that we will have a better life here? Once the 11 million illegals have been assimilated and all the high tech and manufacturing jobs have been outsourced, what will be left here? Isn't it better to get back now and try to benefit from the boom rather than miss the opportunity back home?
Hard questions with no easy answers. At least, when retrogression hit the last time in the 90s the decision was more clear - you just grit your teeth and wait your turn for GC.
This time, it is not so clear as we are constantly wondering whether waiting is in our best long-term interest!
Personally, I will wait 3 more years while I fine tune plans b and c to be implemented after that if GC remains elusive. Good luck to everyone!
How do we know that our current frustrations will be justified down the road? What makes us so sure that we will have a better life here? Once the 11 million illegals have been assimilated and all the high tech and manufacturing jobs have been outsourced, what will be left here? Isn't it better to get back now and try to benefit from the boom rather than miss the opportunity back home?
Hard questions with no easy answers. At least, when retrogression hit the last time in the 90s the decision was more clear - you just grit your teeth and wait your turn for GC.
This time, it is not so clear as we are constantly wondering whether waiting is in our best long-term interest!
Personally, I will wait 3 more years while I fine tune plans b and c to be implemented after that if GC remains elusive. Good luck to everyone!
more...
frostrated
10-13 12:09 PM
the number of pending applications for EB3 India in April 2001 are 451 and the cut off date in the bulletin is 22 April 01. But in the case of Mexico, the number of pending applications in the same month is 2106 with a cut off date of 01 June 02? How is that possible?
2010 kristen rodeheaver and justin bieber. kristen rodeheaver fashion kristen
svrk
05-20 03:20 PM
After 45 days from submission, no receipt, not encashing the check, USCIS sent rejection notice citing non-receipt of correct payment.:confused:
more...
sam_hoosier
01-22 01:58 PM
Friends,
What was feared has come true. MI SOS (DMV) has passed the rule denying DLs to newer applicants on Temporary visas. Rules are yet to be made for renewals. But based on statements by SOS Terri Ann Lynd, I wouldn't be surprised if Temporary visa holders are denied DLs too ( since the rule will be based on interpretation of MI law by State Attorney General which says that only permanent residents can be given DL in Michigan)
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Applying_for_lic_or_ID_SOS_428_222146_7.pdf (http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Applying_for_lic_or_ID_SOS_428_222146_7.pdf)
http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127--183894--,00.html
Ms. Lynd hopes temporary visa holders can drive using home country licences. She doesn't understand that Indians need IDLs too, which they can get only in their home country. She doesn't understand that many may not have DLs in their home countries (esp. Indians who came here as students) . I'm not surprised if mine has expired by now! For getting IDL we need to go back to our home country and get it from there. This is the gift by State of Michigan to immigrants on the occassion of day to remember the greatest humanitarian of our times - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Land already has been working to enhance driver's license security. In December 2007 she proposed the creation of an upgraded "standard" driver's license and an optional "enhanced" version that can be used in place of a passport at the Canadian border. The plan is being considered by the Legislature.
Her proposal would change the law to allow residents who are in the U.S. legally but temporarily to apply for an upgraded standard license.
"Michigan has many outstanding residents who contribute greatly to our economy and society even though they're here on a temporary basis," Land said. "Businesses rely on these talented individuals as well. Under the attorney general's opinion, those who are in the country legally but on temporary student or work visas are ineligible for a Michigan license, though most still can drive using the license of their home country. We need to reconsider that aspect of the law to avoid unintended consequences for individuals or job providers. I encourage citizens to voice their support for our proposal and contact their legislators."
And btw, her name is Terri Lynn Land ;)
What was feared has come true. MI SOS (DMV) has passed the rule denying DLs to newer applicants on Temporary visas. Rules are yet to be made for renewals. But based on statements by SOS Terri Ann Lynd, I wouldn't be surprised if Temporary visa holders are denied DLs too ( since the rule will be based on interpretation of MI law by State Attorney General which says that only permanent residents can be given DL in Michigan)
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Applying_for_lic_or_ID_SOS_428_222146_7.pdf (http://www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Applying_for_lic_or_ID_SOS_428_222146_7.pdf)
http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127--183894--,00.html
Ms. Lynd hopes temporary visa holders can drive using home country licences. She doesn't understand that Indians need IDLs too, which they can get only in their home country. She doesn't understand that many may not have DLs in their home countries (esp. Indians who came here as students) . I'm not surprised if mine has expired by now! For getting IDL we need to go back to our home country and get it from there. This is the gift by State of Michigan to immigrants on the occassion of day to remember the greatest humanitarian of our times - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Land already has been working to enhance driver's license security. In December 2007 she proposed the creation of an upgraded "standard" driver's license and an optional "enhanced" version that can be used in place of a passport at the Canadian border. The plan is being considered by the Legislature.
Her proposal would change the law to allow residents who are in the U.S. legally but temporarily to apply for an upgraded standard license.
"Michigan has many outstanding residents who contribute greatly to our economy and society even though they're here on a temporary basis," Land said. "Businesses rely on these talented individuals as well. Under the attorney general's opinion, those who are in the country legally but on temporary student or work visas are ineligible for a Michigan license, though most still can drive using the license of their home country. We need to reconsider that aspect of the law to avoid unintended consequences for individuals or job providers. I encourage citizens to voice their support for our proposal and contact their legislators."
And btw, her name is Terri Lynn Land ;)
hair kristen rodeheaver and justin bieber. Kristen RodeHeaver (One Time
brb2
09-22 10:57 AM
Try clicking on ammendments from this page
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.06061:
I tried to view the file but I always have the following error message:
List File is not available (2a)
could you please repost the link?
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.06061:
I tried to view the file but I always have the following error message:
List File is not available (2a)
could you please repost the link?
more...
needhelp!
11-24 04:34 PM
0.5 million in line.
107 said YES so far.
We can do this.
107 said YES so far.
We can do this.
hot Justin Bieber từng sánh vai
qplearn
09-06 04:26 PM
Yes, it is possible that they might consider legal immigration within an enforcement only bill.
I recently wrote to my House Rep expressing the need for Skill bill; I urge all of you too.
For those who think there is opposition to H1-B, please call Lou Dobbs.
(I know there is some opposition to it, but Skil bill was recently introduced by a republican as well. So there is no reason to lose hope.)
qplearn
[QUOTE=GCard_Dream]I saw the following article on the yahoo news. From what I can gather, it appears that there is a strong desire in the republican leadership to come up with some kind of legislation before the election to strengthen the border security but not deal with the 12 million undocumented folks. Both house and senate leaders are kind of agreeing to strengthen the border first and get it done before the election.
I believe this might be a good chance for us (legals) to insert our goals if there is a border security legislation because there isn't that much opposition to the cause of legal folks. Do you guys agree? In fact, I am kind of glad that republican leadership is abandoning the CIR and trying to come up with a border security legislation first. This might be a great opportunity for us to get something done. Here is the article:
I recently wrote to my House Rep expressing the need for Skill bill; I urge all of you too.
For those who think there is opposition to H1-B, please call Lou Dobbs.
(I know there is some opposition to it, but Skil bill was recently introduced by a republican as well. So there is no reason to lose hope.)
qplearn
[QUOTE=GCard_Dream]I saw the following article on the yahoo news. From what I can gather, it appears that there is a strong desire in the republican leadership to come up with some kind of legislation before the election to strengthen the border security but not deal with the 12 million undocumented folks. Both house and senate leaders are kind of agreeing to strengthen the border first and get it done before the election.
I believe this might be a good chance for us (legals) to insert our goals if there is a border security legislation because there isn't that much opposition to the cause of legal folks. Do you guys agree? In fact, I am kind of glad that republican leadership is abandoning the CIR and trying to come up with a border security legislation first. This might be a great opportunity for us to get something done. Here is the article:
more...
house wallpaper kristen rodeheaver , justin kristen rodeheaver and justin bieber.
shukla77
12-05 07:44 PM
Even though I am not a core member and not very active in the forums, time to time I do visit the site. It is really amazing to see how much efforts IV core team is putting for this cause.My question to all the people who constantly complain about the update is that how many times all these people have done something significant for the cause (Getting involved with state chapters, meeting with law makers, traveling to different places, organizing interviews, get the media coverage).It is not a shop where you go pay 100-200$ and ask for updates immediately...
For people who dont like my reply... I dont care
-----------------------------------------------
For IV core team - Great Job:)
-----------------------------------------------
For people who dont like my reply... I dont care
-----------------------------------------------
For IV core team - Great Job:)
-----------------------------------------------
tattoo pictures kristen rodeheaver fashion kristen rodeheaver and justin bieber. or
immi_twinges
07-03 02:35 PM
What note must be attached to the flowers?
I guess it will be better if its uniform.
Lets make sure that its sweet and embarrassing for them.
We dont want to show our anger in a direct way.
Also how many of you have already sent the flowers?
Lets be organized
:cool:
I guess it will be better if its uniform.
Lets make sure that its sweet and embarrassing for them.
We dont want to show our anger in a direct way.
Also how many of you have already sent the flowers?
Lets be organized
:cool:
more...
pictures Kristen Rodeheaver amp; Justin
leoindiano
08-01 08:42 AM
I got my EAD approval on 26th, spouse on 28th
my AP approval on 29th, spouse on 31st
Got my EAD card, its valid for 2 years.
I had so many dreams of the 485 approval, damn the karisma that control our dreams.
Dude, WHO is karishma by the way, what to do with our green cards:D:D:D:D?;)
I dont think there is any relation between EAD and 485...Another thing, is it was not current when you applied for it, that may play a role too...
my AP approval on 29th, spouse on 31st
Got my EAD card, its valid for 2 years.
I had so many dreams of the 485 approval, damn the karisma that control our dreams.
Dude, WHO is karishma by the way, what to do with our green cards:D:D:D:D?;)
I dont think there is any relation between EAD and 485...Another thing, is it was not current when you applied for it, that may play a role too...
dresses Kristen Rodeheaver amp; Justin
H1B-GC
08-01 01:05 PM
His kid's status changed to card production ordered. Please allow blah blah...
Their status is the same i.e. no change.
Their PD is March'06. RD July 23'07
Lucky Fellow's!!
Their status is the same i.e. no change.
Their PD is March'06. RD July 23'07
Lucky Fellow's!!
more...
makeup Montage de Justin amp; Kristen
Sunx_2004
08-23 12:13 PM
Hi UN,
I sent you a PM, I need your view on situation. Can you please look at it.
Thanks
lots and lots and lots of h-1b's getting denied. extensions, change of employer, 140's approved, etc. doesn't matter.
just about all h-1b's getting rfe's and many, many are stuck in "background check". This is just a cop out by uscis where they are investigating companies use of h-1b's (this is reason for slowdown in processing times ) by vermont service center.
uscis caught many companies in fraud - also consulates - many companies giving internal projects, etc. or fake purchase orders and getting caught by department of state which then forwards to U.S.
ICE is making visits to consultants homes to verify where they are actually working and comparing to h-1b's.
Next; investigations will start with greencards.
I warned last year; that all the noise everyone was making about h-1b's and greencards was going to eventually get hit back by government agencies. Now; we are seeing this.
I sent you a PM, I need your view on situation. Can you please look at it.
Thanks
lots and lots and lots of h-1b's getting denied. extensions, change of employer, 140's approved, etc. doesn't matter.
just about all h-1b's getting rfe's and many, many are stuck in "background check". This is just a cop out by uscis where they are investigating companies use of h-1b's (this is reason for slowdown in processing times ) by vermont service center.
uscis caught many companies in fraud - also consulates - many companies giving internal projects, etc. or fake purchase orders and getting caught by department of state which then forwards to U.S.
ICE is making visits to consultants homes to verify where they are actually working and comparing to h-1b's.
Next; investigations will start with greencards.
I warned last year; that all the noise everyone was making about h-1b's and greencards was going to eventually get hit back by government agencies. Now; we are seeing this.
girlfriend images Or kristen rodeheaver

gc28262
07-02 04:37 PM
dont mean rub on wrong side but you missed the word FUTURE an most importantly ACRUAL of unlawful presence.
This means, if im interpreting correctly, based on what is mentioned on page 9, about the distinction between unlawful STATUS and ACRUAL,
AOS protects u from FURTHURE FUTURE ACCRUAL of unlawful PRESENCE.
But, u r still in unlawful STATUS, which is the ground on which u can be deported.
the exact text is,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example 2:
An alien is admitted as a nonimmi, with a Form I-94 that expires on Jan 1, '09.
On Oct 5, '08, he properly files an appl for AOS.
He does not, however, file any appl to extend his non-immi stay, which expires on Jan 1, '09.
The AOS appl is still pending on Jan 2, '09.
On Jan2, '09, he becomes subject to removal as a deportable alien under some bullshit section of a bullshit Act,
because he has remained after the expiration of his nonimmi admission.
For purposes of FUTURE inadmissibility, however, the pending AOS protects his from THE ACRUAL of unlawful PRESENCE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that the memo is unnecessarily twisting a simple scenario like example2.
Again note the wordings in the example.
On january 2, 2009 he becomes deportable as per some Law#1 Section S#1
At this point the paragraph is not taking any other laws into consideration. However in a practical situation, IO has to consider all the laws applicable to that situation. So pending AOS voids all the inadmissibility under Law#1 Section S#1
Yes, the memo could have been clearer and simple.
This means, if im interpreting correctly, based on what is mentioned on page 9, about the distinction between unlawful STATUS and ACRUAL,
AOS protects u from FURTHURE FUTURE ACCRUAL of unlawful PRESENCE.
But, u r still in unlawful STATUS, which is the ground on which u can be deported.
the exact text is,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example 2:
An alien is admitted as a nonimmi, with a Form I-94 that expires on Jan 1, '09.
On Oct 5, '08, he properly files an appl for AOS.
He does not, however, file any appl to extend his non-immi stay, which expires on Jan 1, '09.
The AOS appl is still pending on Jan 2, '09.
On Jan2, '09, he becomes subject to removal as a deportable alien under some bullshit section of a bullshit Act,
because he has remained after the expiration of his nonimmi admission.
For purposes of FUTURE inadmissibility, however, the pending AOS protects his from THE ACRUAL of unlawful PRESENCE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that the memo is unnecessarily twisting a simple scenario like example2.
Again note the wordings in the example.
On january 2, 2009 he becomes deportable as per some Law#1 Section S#1
At this point the paragraph is not taking any other laws into consideration. However in a practical situation, IO has to consider all the laws applicable to that situation. So pending AOS voids all the inadmissibility under Law#1 Section S#1
Yes, the memo could have been clearer and simple.
hairstyles Kristen was a pilot/amelia
ps57002
07-31 02:30 PM
am logged on to watch now...nothing happening
eb3retro
09-01 02:07 PM
^^^^^^ bump
I recently applied for AP renewal and have travel plans shortly. Not sure if this is a requirement these days. If it is so, then I would get it done now.
I recently applied for AP renewal and have travel plans shortly. Not sure if this is a requirement these days. If it is so, then I would get it done now.
papoopager
04-03 03:22 PM
What was your port of entry?
Does anyone have exp at ATL airport with AP?
One of my friend traveled and ATL airport was her port of entry .She was with AP. She came fine.. If you want i could give her email id to you..Are you traveling ?
Does anyone have exp at ATL airport with AP?
One of my friend traveled and ATL airport was her port of entry .She was with AP. She came fine.. If you want i could give her email id to you..Are you traveling ?
No comments:
Post a Comment